Set on the edge of the popular village of St Martins on a former school site, our proposal is to develop this brownfield site to deliver a range of homes, sympathetic to their surrounds.
You said, we did
Community is one of the company’s core values. For us this means working in partnership with the communities in which we work, to build quality and sustainable homes. Consultation with communities and acting upon the comments and feedback is important to us and plays an important part in our partnership approach.
We have been seeking views and comments from the local community to shape our proposal for the Overton Road development. You have told us what you like about our proposal and made your suggestions for improvements. We have been listening and have revised our proposal.
- You told us that you thought the scheme was too dense, in response we have revised our proposal which now provides for 36 new homes.
- You were unhappy with the appearance of the terrace house which fronted the scheme; - we have substituted these properties for 6 two bed semi-detached homes.
- Many local residents wanted to see the School House preserved; - our new layout retains the School Building which will remain in the ownership of Shropshire Council.
- From our discussions with the community it is clear that you want to see homes built that are environmentally friendly. One of the key objectives of Cornovii Homes is to deliver highly energy efficient homes. As a minimum, our Eco specification will deliver a 20% betterment in terms of energy efficiency over current regulations and will have an EPC rating of B. Our Eco-Smart specification builds on this delivering a 31% betterment over current building regulations and will have an EPC rating of A. We are really pleased to be able to confirm that both specifications will be available to buyers wishing to purchase homes on the development
- You were concerned about the road safety, specifically the speed at which traffic passes by the development. We are continuing to work alongside colleagues from Shropshire Council’s Highways department and have proposed that the existing highway is narrowed for a short section to a single carriage way, with a Give Way to ensure that traffic entering the village slows or stops, we also propose that the 30-mph speed limit should be extended to at least a further 500 meters out of the village. It should be noted that our proposal to remedy your concerns about the traffic are still under consideration by the highways team
Our revised proposal, based on your feedback, will be submitted to Shropshire Council’s Planning Authority in the coming weeks and we hope to get a decision in early 2021.
Our website will be updated shortly to show our revised proposal and layouts.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has responded to our consultation and we very much look forward to working closely with the community as the development progresses.
Cornovii Developments will work with the local community to ensure that our redevelopment enhances the local area and disruption during the construction period is minimised.
Construction activity is necessarily disruptive but it is also exciting and can provide opportunities for the local community and local people.
We are committed to working with local companies and local people who want to work as part of the redevelopment process. It’s not all about site labour – important though that is – and our forthcoming social values pages will outline our approach to job opportunities.
We will provide several financial contributions for local amenities as part of the proposed development and working with our construction partners we will be seeking further ways to optimise the benefits of our activity for local residents.